SALON SPA W
East Village, Des Moines, Iowa
- Top 100 Salons in the US, Elle Magazine
- Top 200 Salons in the US, Salon Today Magazine
- Best Big Day Beauty Salon, Brides Magazine
- People's Choice Award, International Interior Design Association (IIDA) Great Plains Chapter
- Silver Award for Hospitality / Retail / Spa / Wellness, International Interior Design Association (IIDA) Great Plains Chapter
Located in Des Moines’ hip East Village and just blocks away from the State Capitol, Salon Spa W looked to FEH to design their recently expanded space, a new salon that would celebrate ten years in business. Originally designed by FEH in 2005 then renovated in 2010; Salon Spa W’s services and clientele have continued to grow substantially over the years. FEH worked closely with the owner to translate the vision for the salon into a plan that provides exclusive salon services and that is efficient for team members to provide exceptional service. It was essential to create environments that provide a fresh, retreat-like guest experience while also conveying the salon’s modern, chic brand. The lighting design was key in making spaces come to life and attracting potential clientele from the street level foot traffic of the trendy shopping and entertainment district. Passersby are intrigued by a glowing shampoo room with floor-to-ceiling rope wall, a posh nail lounge and curving color bar with large scale imagery. Other featured areas include salon stations with integrated lighting, spa suites, dressing areas and a hospitality lounge.